Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

14 days into 2014

It's hard to believe it's already Jan. 14, 2014!!

I've gotten a lot of different things done since my last post. Sorry it's been quite a time lapse since then. 

I'm busy with my online art courses. I'm doing Life Book 2014 with Tamara Laporte, from the UK. I am enjoying it tremendously. Once I got the better quality supplies together it has become a lot more fun. If you get a chance check out her site.    Willowing.ning.com   She has a free course called Art, Heart, and Healing which is what I viewed to get the feel of how she works and teaches.  Needless to say, I was impressed and signed up for this year's Life Book. 

I also am in 4 groups with Stitchinfingers.ning.com    We swap ATCs, Postcards, Altered Fabric, and Book Pages throughout the year. My biggest challenge here is to let myself off the hook just a tad and get things finished.  For some reason I still think that the only things that anyone else would want need to be Blue Ribbon or Best of Show examples.  I don't ever expect that from others but it is what gets me stuck at times. I'm getting there, a little at a time. 

I'm also putting together the blocks for The Building Blocks Quiltalong with Leah Day. I have been following her for some time now and I marvel at her dedication. Her hubby is an asset to her for sure. He's even been giving beginner tips lately. Nice to see families working together. 

Signed up for two more Craftsy classes also.  
One is for fitting a pattern.  This body just ain't what it used to be, and things don't fit when I'm sewing! So I want to figure out what's up with that?
The other one is a FREE class. It's the 2014 Block of the Month. It will be addressing color theory. I'm always open to learning about someone else's methods of implementing this part of quilt making. 

Well, enough for now. I'll try to get back to posting on a weekly basis, but no promises!

Also, please excuse any strange words, etc as the auto correct and I don't always see eye to eye.

Let's go create,
Luann

1 comment:

Mandy Currie said...

Hello Luann, I picked up your blog from Stitchin' Fingers. I like the idea of a top 30 list of things to do. I also get bogged down in that Blue Ribbon, excellent work syndrome. Perhaps that's why I didn't join any swap this year, I figured I'm not good enough. I need to produce some work, I'm in a real slump. This illness of mine is a nuisance in sometimes holding me back and sometimes, if you know what I mean, it allows me the excuse not to do what my head is telling me to do. Frustrating. I'll get there. Thank you for your blog. Kind regards Mandy Currie