Pages

Sunday, March 9, 2014

February Review

I was looking back over a few previous posts and I realize that I just plainly put too much on my plate at any one time. Does this happen to you?  I have every intention to get things moving but for some reason or another my plans don't manifest into accomplishments. What to do, what to do? The only thing I know to do is,,, keep on doing! Eventually things get done or I make the decision to move on. If that's the way things go, so be it. I never let truly important things lapse. But there are just so many peripheral things that need to be let go of. 

Are you wondering what's gotten off the list?  


1.Well, to start with, I realize those boxes in the office contain someone else's books.  They really aren't my responsibility to get unpacked. So that's the first thing that I'm letting go of.


2.Second item is from the online workshop, Color Intensive. I have read all the information and found it to be quite interesting. I don't need to download all of this, as a PDF will be given to us by the end of March. There was a great deal of thought provoking ideas that I'm sure I will refer to in the future. 


3. I made a third hat for Joann in time to take it along with me the last time I went to visit her. She liked all three of them, but didn't feel a need for a closet full. Why I feel a need to "mass produce" is beyond me. She would have been pleased with one, and I know that. So, the crochet hook can rest for awhile.


4.Life Book 2014 is so full of exercises.  I will continue to listen to each week's offering, but doing the exercises may take some time. I will need to download everything before Feb. 1st of next year, but there's plenty of time to get that done. So I'm not sweating that, at this moment. 


5.And along those same lines, the other art, sewing, quilting etc classes I've signed up for are to further my abilities, not add stress to my life. My decisions with these are to stay abreast of the knowledge being offered but not to feel as though I MUST do this or that within a week!  


6.Pinterest boards are for my benefit, and others that may enjoy them. They are not an assignment that if they aren't current, I will be kept in from recess! So, I will post for enjoyment, as the mood hits. 


So, by now you're probably wondering just what IS on my radar at this time. 


A. I will keep current with my Stitchin Fingers friends and the swaps I'm in. I enjoy this immensely and I won't let them down. 


B. I will be continuing to make this house into our new HOME. This is very time consuming, our furniture doesn't fit it, the style of house is different from any I've ever lived in, and a lot of what needs to be decided on is costly. Obviously I want to make wise choices. 


C. I am staying current with all daily, weekly, and monthly information generated by my classes. As time permits I will be working on choice projects. 


D. My daily Bible Study and journaling are what keep me grounded and lifted up. No way will I give them up. 


E. A major focus right now has to be: getting healthy!  

I must lose weight, recover my energy levels, increase my stamina and flexibility, and on, and on, and on! ! I'm sure you get the picture. I've let myself go to the counter top, not even the back burner, and I'm paying for it big time. I've used comfort foods to get through some rough times and now my mind thinks of them as good choices. After all, I don't do this, or that other thing,, whatever it may be.  Why on earth I let myself talk to myself like that is beyond comprehension, right?  I'd never tell a good friend that it's ok  to eat some of the stuff I eat, and never in the proportions either. I need to start being my own best friend. 

Well, enough whining! I'll keep you posted. (Probably on a monthly basis from now on)

And for now,,, 

Let's create something today!

Luann

No comments: