Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

Every day is a day to share God's love. Valentine's Day should remind us how important this is. 

George and I spent the weekend sightseeing and enjoying being with each other. We stayed in Beaufort, SC. We visited The Old Sheldon Church, Fort Fremont, Fort Pulaski, Tybee Island, Hilton Head, The Ace Basin area, Hunting Island, and some nice restaurants. 

I haven't downloaded all the pics yet, but here are a couple from some church ruins we saw on the road out to Fort Fremont. 
This is one of very few remaining examples of tabby concrete. 

I find the designs in metal work very intriguing. 

This was from the 1700s. Amazing how some things have lasted. 

We had a great time. As usual, we were glad to get back home. Even though I enjoy seeing the country, I prefer sleeping in my own bed. 

Luann 

No comments: