During December I did some deconstructed screen printing. It was my first time and I was experimenting all the way. The prints I ended up with seemed to fall into three distinct color ways.
Two of the sets had a predominantly blue hue.
I want the size to be larger but I haven't settled on the best way to accomplish it. I want to stay true to using only white and fabrics that I have printed. I also want to keep the improvisational approach. At present I'm leaning towards an improv pieced border using much smaller pieces of the printed fabric and narrower strips of white.
I think that even if you are doing something in the improv mode, there comes a point at which one must make very calculated choices in order to portray the feeling or mood you're going for. At least that's how I'm feeling at this point with this piece.
Something that's really been different about this quilt is that from the very first trimming of fabrics I've had a sense of what I want the quilting designs to be. This is the first time I can remember that happening!
I've also decided that I will NOT agonize over any small imperfections, and maybe not over any BIG ones either! I want to let this unfold and move forward at it's own pace. And now that I am feeling better, that should be picking up momentum shortly.
I hope you are all creating from your heart, and enjoying the journey.
Let's Create Today
Here's what a few of my screens looked like before printing.