Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

An Inspiration Piece

I saw this at the Prosperity's Hoppin' Festival on Saturday. If I had a place for it, it would be mine!
I asked for permission to photograph it and she was more than kind. So, I'm going to also put up a pic of her business card as a thank you. 

 
 
 

The piece made me think of all those lovely single pieces of cut glass that get passed down from one generation to the next. Wouldn't this be a unique way of displaying several pieces?  I didn't ask if she did commission work, but it is something I will keep in mind. 

I also am inspired to make a quilt using blocks with names like pickle dish, grandmother's fan, Dresden plate, etc. It may have to wait. I want to finish more of what is already in process. 

Time for me to go,
Luann 

No comments: