Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

And The Results Are

Yesterday I showed you some pictures of sheets, pillow cases and fat quarters. They were basking in the sunshine, after having spent some time going through an ice dyeing. Later I finished them with a good pressing. And, here are they are.
 

I just love that purple highlight on the first on the right. And the mottled colors on the second one has me thinking about mermaids and under the sea stuff. 

  
Third one from the right could pass for a piece of rust dyed fabric.

 
And then we have some midnight sky, and ocean currents.  
 
 
Deep rich reds, golden bronze, and some that will work nicely as tree trunks. 

And now for all of them in a group shot,,,,

 

I sure do enjoy dyeing fabric. It doesn't matter whether I'm ice dyeing, low water immersion, shibori techniques, indigo vat, batiking, or any number of other methods. 

Surface design has become a passion of mine. I have dabbled in computer generated and printed fabrics, gelatin plate printing, screen printing (conventional as well as deconstructed), painting directly to fabric, and well, the list goes on and on. 

One last photo. I painted this quilt top back in the early 1980's. It was for my kids. I used acrylic paints watered down and some sort of permanent marker, and a Father's Day card. Yikes! It lasted through over 30 years of on and off use. The batting and backing have long since departed. But I love it,

 

I've been pondering turning it into a 'family art quilt'. I'd like to have all the "users" sign it, or doodle on it, something. It will be my fidget quilt when I am 127 and the great grandkids are carting me about! 

That's my plan, and I'm sticking to it!! 

Let's Create Pleasant Memories with Loved Ones Today,
Luann




 



No comments: