Pages

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June in Review

Where in the world did June go? You may remember that during the month of May I posted everyday for the first 28 days. That was a personal challenge for me. But, then, I got busy with life, once again. So, I will recap with a few pictures along the way:

I enjoyed time at Kiawah Island, too many restaurants, a week of evening Vacation Bible School at our church, Guild meetings for Cobblestone Quilters and Palmetto Fiber Arts, Wednesday at the Clubhouse sewing group, yoga classes (until I strained my knee), a half day at the local library-returning with 7 more surface design books to read and make notes from, and local hardware stores, plant shops, and grocery stores. I guess I just enjoy where ever I go. I often come home with pictures of something inspiring. 

I invested some time on the creative side of things too. Early June I started a 'Virtual Retreat' on The Quilt Show's website. It was accepted very well and we are now doing one each month. If you haven't checked out the website, please do. It's free to join, and watch along. If you get a membership for $40ish per year, you can watch all of the back shows, get BOM info for free, and connect with a lot of great people.

Along the creative side I also found myself dyeing up more sheet sets,
kitchen towels, fabric of varying sizes and for various projects. 

I finished my Wisteria project. I am very happy with it. 


I am working my way thru the lessons for Elements in Fabric by Linda Schmidt on Academy of Quilting. We are doing fire, water, lightning storm in the clouds, and an earth scene. She has presented us with a lot of various ways to accomplish the effects we are after. It is definitely a learning curve for me.


I signed up for an October workshop with Elizabeth Barton. Inspired to Design. She will be in North Central Wisconsin, Green Bay and Appleton area. So that means I will be making a family visit at that time as well as August when my niece gets married.

I've been knitting away on a lap sized afghan. Don't know who it is going to at the moment, but I'm sure God will lay someone on my heart before it is finished. 


My screen porch got curtains hung and two new plants to give it more of a 'room" feel. 


And I read a lot! Especially when the temps went into the high 90's with heat indexes up to 110*F. All I wanted to do at that point was sit in A/C with ice water.

Well, that's about enough rambling about June. Next post will be about the intentions I have for July.

Until then,
Let's Create Today and EVERYDAY!!!
Luann

No comments: