Pages

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Lessons 1 & 2

I'm making some progress on my lessons with Linda Schmidt. Elements in Fabric is an online class on The Academyofquilting website. You may want to check out their offerings. 

 
Lesson 1 was about portraying water movement. It's ready to be quilted. 
Lesson 2 was dealing with the element of fire. I went for a forest fire. With the help of some online friends I arrived at this point. It's also ready to be put into quilt format. 

Lesson 3 is addressing movement of wind. If I utilize the instructors shared image it will be a thunderstorm from a cloud viewpoint. 
Lesson 4 takes us on the journey of depicting 'earth'. The instructor has provided an image we can work from for this lesson also. 

I will probably continue to use her images for these exercises. When I start making some wall hangings, I will be asking for permission from my favorite photographer, Mr. George!! And because he believes in me, he always says,"Of course!" 

Lots of news to share but for now I must get back into my studio. It needs a good going over!! I'd rather be quilting than cleaning. But it's all part of the process. 

May God bless your day with lots of creative adventures. 

Luann

1 comment:

Madtatter80 said...

Oh what fun lessons to challenge your self with love the ideas of the water :)