Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Craftsy Overview


First off let me tell you that I am not getting paid in any way to write this overview of 'CRAFTSY'. 
I have taken many classes with them and I just want to share what a great opportunity they offer. 
What I like:
You can join the site for FREE. 
There are, at present, over 40 FREE classes/workshops that you can sign up for. 
They have a FREE wish list feature so when they run a special you can easily find your previously chosen items. I've shown my current one above. 
You get access to your class on a 24/7 basis. I really like this because I haven't enjoyed much on the television for quite some time. I can review a class that I went thru a couple of years ago and glean another tidbit of information. 
They have several features on their purchased classes that are invaluable. For instance, if you post a question, your teacher will generally respond within a day. Note taking right on the app so you can bookmark a specific point and come back later. A 30 second repeat button enables you to listen to a more difficult concept, or see a process, over and over until you feel you 'get it'. 
There's a lot more that you can check out. 
I want to show you some snapshots I took of available classes. I typed in a word such as crochet, modern, or wood and then did a snapshot of the top few items. 



















And a few of my favorites of the moment. 









I encourage you to check out Craftsy. I know that my gift of the Artisan Bread Making class was well received and continues to be enjoyed by my friend Sandy. 

Let us know, by leaving a comment, if you are a Craftsy user, or if you have another platform you are enjoying for online learning. Only two weeks left to get your comments entered into the giveaway. 
Somebody's going to be getting a special package in their mailbox in September, will it be you?

May God bless the work of your hands,
Luann

7 comments:

Gill said...

I've downloaded patterns from Craftsy but I haven't taken any classes yet!

Lynda said...

I absolutely love Craftsy and have taken many of their classes. I love the serger classes, free motion classes, and Carol Ann Waugh's. But also love Jane's class and that soy wax class. It so nice to be able to go back and enjoy at my own pace.

Luann Fischer said...

Gil, you will love the classes!

Lynda, I saw some of your dyeing pictures via class 103 with Candy Glendenning. We seem to travel in some of the same circles. I recognized your hubby before I got a good look at the cloth, but it was so 'you',

You each have another entry in the drawing. Only a little over a week to go,,,,,

Have a wonder filled day,
Luann

Anonymous said...

I think you deserve a free class for that!

Luann Fischer said...

When you post as anonymous, please leave a first name. If your comment gets drawn at the end of the month, I won't know who you are. So, I'm hoping your following the blog and if your comment is drawn we'll work it out from there.

Thanks for stopping by. And if Craftsy gave me a free class because of this post, it would definitely be going to one of you that have left a comment!! So, if you want to tell them,,, hmmmm

Have a lovely day,
Luann

Monica said...

I have signed up for several online classes but never finished one of them. I seem to be better at committing to face-to-face classes - or perhaps I just haven't found one yet that engrosses me enough to keep working on it. :)

Luann Fischer said...

Monica,
If you care to share which classes you've signed up for, perhaps we have some in common. We could encourage each other to continue on when things seem to be boring, or just not what we had in mind.
Share right here, if you like. Others may join in and we'll all move along with our projects.
Thanks for stopping by

Have a nice day,
Luann