Pages

Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Weathered Inspirations

George went to McLeod  Plantation on Tuesday morning. They hoped to take some sunrise pictures but the overcast skies didn't clear in time. He did capture some other very interesting shots. He said I could use them on the blog to inspire us in our creative adventures. 




And this last one is of a live oak tree with Resurection vine growing on it, and moss hanging from it. 

There's a live oak tree not too far away that is believed to be over 1400 years old! I typed that correctly! It's called The Angel Oak. Can you imagine the events that it lived through? 

Remember, every comment gets you another chance at winning the giveaway. 

Have a wonderful day
Luann






 

10 comments:

Madtatter80 said...

Love nature and never tire of seeing it. The horseshoe is hanging correctly for once :) upside down, and they say all the luck will run out of it :)

Lois said...

I love the photos. The turquoise and gray are so beautiful. Reflects the misty morning. Lois

Dorothy said...

LOVE the photos, and the tree fascinates me!!! Beautiful!!! Not sure what I was doing 1400 years ago...ha! Some days I feel that old lol!
Dorothy

Luann Fischer said...

So glad you all were able to drop by.

I've never been sure about the horse shoe. I'd probably try to find four, make them look like a clover, but facing out, then I'd have everything covered!! LOL

Off to the resale shop today with an overflowing basket for them. Added 4 more pieces this morning. Once I decide I'm not going to wear it, out it goes!!

Have a great day,
Luann

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Growing up, we had a little tack shack that had that rough old weathered wood. Thanks for taking me back to that time in my life! The story about the tree was amazing.

Luann Fischer said...

Terry,
Thanks for reminding me of those 'old buildings outback' from my own childhood.

May God bless everyone with happy memories,
Luann

Gill said...

I love all the photos of the weathered wood Luann - and the oak tree is stunning! I'm not sure what a resurrection fern is though!

Luann Fischer said...

Gill,
I believe the link below will get you to a full explanation.

Hope all is well with you,
Luann

https://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Wildlife-Library/Plants/Resurrection-Fern.aspx

Monica said...

I love the old weathered timber - it has so much texture and character.

Luann Fischer said...

Monica,
I agree totally and it seems that texture is really drawing me lately.
Thanks for a lovely piece of fabric that I got today from you! I like the golden forms that you printed onto your cloth. I think this piece may need to be added to my 'nest' possibilities!! But that's for September intentions.
have a great weekend,
Luann