Pages

Thursday, July 20, 2017

July - Busy Month


I've been inspired, by Dawn's prodded flowers, to get moving on my Burlap Ribbon with this technique. And aren't those 'threads' of ribbon yarn and silk beautiful. They're waiting to become specialty cording. 
Found a wine I really like at my local Publix Store.  At the Sunrise Bistro in Summerville I had a treat for my breakfast. Banana Bread French Toast complete with a banana cream cheese drizzle, including some almond slivers and chocolate. Yummy! These were my ONLY finishes for the month! lol
I've been working on creating journal covers from cereal boxes. A bit of a learning curve, but absolutely having a blast with the process. 
The beginnings of a redo on an old suitcase. 

Here's a before, and the top as far as I've gotten with it. Another fun project. 
I moved on to taking an old book apart. After applying gesso I did some interesting color applications. An application of ModPodge created a very wood looking background. I then glued down the painted area of a canvas I printed from a water color I did several years ago. I like this piece a lot. And because I kept the entire book cover it can stand up on a shelf on its own!
This is a 'tribute, piece. Jackie passed away several years ago. I never met her but through a long string of events I was asked to help find homes for some of her possessions about a year ago. Most have gone on to be with other creative friends. There were a few pieces I just couldn't part with and I knew that someday I'd figure out how I wanted to exhibit them. I still have work to do around the outside edge, but I'm good with where I am. 
Here's the sewing room and my fabric closet as I start the cleaning process of my own things!
My art studio/dining room is looking a lot better since the cleaning bug hit! And the fabric dyeing closet got organized too. 
Lots of containers have come in and gone out over the past few months, as I continue to help others with their 'finding of new homes' for their crafty collections. 
Sewing room's cutting table was cleared at one point, then another trunk full was accepted! Most of this is off to new homes already. I'm getting much quicker at the process of sorting and gifting onward. 
I'll leave you with some snapshots of flowers from the past few weeks. That's one big benefit to living here, I can see flowers most every day of the year. The only downside is in this next photo. No, I wasn't driving, I was taking the pictures, George was driving. 

Having A/C and plenty of fans make it all good!! Hope summer is treating you nicely. I'm off for a vacation for the next 10+ days so I'll probably not post again until August. Can't believe how fast the summer months fly by. 
May God bless each of you as you go through your day. Luann








2 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Hot temperature! I've not moved forward on my organizing in several weeks. . .I should start again! I'm impressed with you sorting faster when you receive supplies from those who can't use them. Keep up the progress! I love the old book project. What a transformation!

Luann Fischer said...

Thanks Terry for the encouragement.