Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2018

April, May, and June 2018 Review


Here's what I’ve been up to;

Locker Hooking another cover for a journal book.


1&2 of 8 quilt tops that were given to me for longarm quilting. These are for the Doors to Freedom facility in Charleston. More are on the way. 



 3 & 4 

 5 & 6


 7 & 8  

Then we were on vacation and  adventure time with our grandkids. Voyageurs Rendevous in Illinois. 

There’s always something interesting going on with the kiddos. 

It is always a welcome sight to see the Swan’s when we return to the UP of Michigan. 

I guess Chloe likes the quilt her mom got. 

Visiting the Anderson Japanese Gardens in Rockford. We watched a muskrat move through the creek bed up and over the dam area to the upper reservoir. 

Stopping at Vintage Wings and Wheels Museum, located by the Poplar Grove Airport, is something we look forward to. 

The Burpee Museum of Natural History held many interesting items. Jane, the Dinosaur, was one of them. 



George built another beautiful arbor for the backyard and we’ve gotten ourselves some lovely flowering plants for the front entry. 

More pictures from the Anderson Gardens. It's pretty obvious that we had a great time with the kids. 

I’ve made progress on some quilt projects. The purple jelly roll race needs some pizzazzing! Borders are needed for the modern jelly roll race.  The 2" squares I was given last spring are finding their way around some blue chambray fabric squares. I'm going for a more modern look on some of my quilts and hopefully this will look like floating grids when done. 

 This one is starting to grow on me. When I first looked at the jelly roll of Tiger Lily I was soooo disappointed. The orange was just too intense for even me! My oldest son said, "give it time and keep your eyes open, you'll see just the right fabric(s) to put it with". Boy was he right! I don't remember just how it happened to get placed next to a jelly roll of Kaffee Fasset pieces, but that was when I knew I would put them together and I'm liking it more daily. 

 After putting several of these blocks together, I realized that the low volume difference was going to work to my advantage, as I hadn’t turned my units correctly on some spots and they are each an individual design. LOL


Because I have finally figured out how to blog from my iPad Pro I may just get back into doing this more frequently. It isn't as intuitive as my older iPad but it gets the job done. 

May God bless each of you and your families with a summer warm enough to enjoy and cool enough to enjoy. 

Let's Create Something Special for Someone Else Today, Luann. 

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Luann, You amaze me at all you get done!! Wow! And I love the orange fabric.