Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2019

January-Very Productive

The top two images are of a couple of the quilts being made for the Doors To Freedom house in our area. Barb T. brought these 2 beautiful tops to me. And the bottom to images are quilts that are specially made for family members. The one on the left is called Stella, a pattern by Gudrun of GEDesigns.com.  It will be for our table at Christmas time, unless I am moved to give it to someone else before then. And the one on the left is a bookcase looking quilt for someone very special. The empty shelf will have some special additions that are significant to the person. I can’t say more than that at the moment, that person just might be reading this. 

Three of the twelve blocks for the Block of the Month program were completed. Each month has something interesting to process through. I’m leading this program for my local quilt guild this year. I’m doing a color sequence and I’ve encouraged others to choose their own direction with this. A few of them have posted their pictures on our facebook page and some are doing theirs in batiks. I like that idea and I may make another one to use up more of my ‘left overs’ for another charity quilt.

These are some thread sets and stencils for Crazy Quilting. I purchased them from Sharon Boggan. She lives in Australia and I wondered how long it might take them to make it through customs. I was pleasantly surprised when I found them in my mail box in less than 2 weeks. And those twists of various threads, textures, colors, etc sure do make my heart sing.

These were some of my highlights this month. I received a beautiful dip pen, ink and ink well in my  Boho Berry Box from Kara Benz. Daily Guidposts had 2 items that will be within reaching distance whenever I have moments to sit and enjoy the Lord’s Words. And a snapshot of my lifetime stitches on my longarm quilting machine. I record each project’s stitch count. I was happy to find out that my machine keeps a tally of the lifetime stitches. 


As we prepared to do some remodeling, new paint colors for the fire place bricks and mantle were chosen, a new dining room light fixture was installed, and the truck arrived ! ! ! 

And the remodeling of our second floor bathroom is underway. We will also be replacing the carpet in the hall area with a hard surface, not carpeting. 

The month started out with lots of snow in the Midwest and grandkids having fun in it. The first 5 quilts were completed for Royal Family Kids Camp coming up in the summer. A car load of fabric was taken from one group of people to another one that will utilize it for their projects. And I had my very first day at the shooting range. I’ve never fired a handgun before, and over 55 years since I fired a shotgun, and then I only shot it 2 times.  I was pretty happy with my first time out. 


5 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Those twists of threads are sure beautiful! I like the string top you quilted for charity and look forward to seeing how you fill that empty shelf!

Jo said...

Wow, you must have been onto the threads from Sharon very quickly Luann, they sold out before I knew they were on sale!

Luann Fischer said...

Jo and Terry, the twists of threads sold out within ‘minutes’ of getting her post. And many of us said, Let me know when they are ready again. She did exactly that. Jo, postage for you wont be all that bad, but to the states, I sent her a message that said at this time, the postage was putting it out of my reach. She replied back immediately with the amount that would be corrected with a credit to my account because I was purchasing more than 2 or 3 items. I think her app charges by the item and she knew it wasn’t going to be the astronomical price that the app would charge. She was very prompt, I mean within minutes of me placing the order, she had refunded the overcharge. And to think they got through customs that quickly, I was/am a very happy camper in that department! Drop Sharon a line that you want to be notified when she has them available again, I’m sure she’ll be doing this more often. It’s definitely a money saver for those that want to try some lovely pieces, and I’m sure it makes things a little easier on her end also. I think I still owe you, Jo, a picture of the Canberra tree piece I made. I must remember to include it on an upcoming post.
Hope both of you nice people are having a lovely week.

Kim said...

Hello Luann.....so I followed you here and so happy I did. Those quilts are lovely as are each of the blocks. That is pretty thread, isn't it. Gosh there is a lot of renovations happening at your home. I hope you find some beautiful books to create a feature wall in your room. I was just wondering, are you aware that Google plus is disappearing on April 2nd. You are most probably already of this, but thought I would just let you know.

Luann Fischer said...

Kim,
Thanks for dropping by. I realize that Google plus is going away, and I’m not sure just how that’s going to affect my commenting. I’ll still have my gmail account that I had prior to ‘plus’ and my blog was set up originally with it. Hopefully, it will only mean I have to adjust a simple setting once it’s gone. Time will tell.