Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

April 2019 Review

By the time you get this it will be 3 months old, because I didn’t write it up until July 2nd. Sometimes, I just get very busy but I still want to document things for myself.  I have added that even though I didn’t have any finished items this month of my own, I made a lot of progress and I longarmed 14 quilts for charity projects.


At the very beginning of April I did a podcast with Leah Day. I’ve commented about her podcast on Jan 3 that got me to thinking about how I was spending my time and I changed my ‘default’ mode for when I wanted to relax. Below are many of the projects that were finished because of that change, and a snapshot of the podcast cover spot.











While we were in Poplar Grove with my youngest son’s family we visited the Anderson Japanese Gardens and the Burpee Natural History Museum, attended the Honors Event for Hannah, and took a few photos of a very unexpected ‘snow fall’ and the snow man creating that went on.







Before we left for our next destination, I took a few photos of some of the quilted and sewn items I’ve given to them. It’s always a fun thing to look back at what I’ve done.

















The following pictures are of our travels from Galena, Illinois up to Spring Green, Wisconsin at the end of our time with the kids in Poplar Grove. Illinois. The flooding was massive. I wouldn’t have wanted to live along this river.





2 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Always great to read a post of yours, Luann! Longarming 14 charity quilts is HUGE! Way to go! I enjoyed the retrospective tour of past family projects. I recognized a couple and all the projects looked like they were "aging" well!

Lynda said...

Love seeing your progress. So excited to hear about your interview on Leah's podcast. (I didn't know she had one!) Anyway, I'm going to listen to it today. As always, thanks for the inspiration.