Pages

Friday, February 21, 2020

Busy Fingers in February

Sometimes, it’s all about staying warm......
I’ve been so thankful for these hand warmers. Our temps have been a bit chilly
My table was cleared and ready for the first meeting of the Program Committee on Saturday, February 1st.
This was a display to show them some of the workshops that will be happening this year.
These were my contribution to a group quilt for a friend’s husband. This picture makes my brown look black, but I can’t retake the photo....
Two nine-patch blocks before cutting them.
And those same two blocks put back together with sashing after  rearranging them..
My two block for the Box Buddy group exchange. Each month I will make these same two blocks for another Buddy with her fabrics. After 6 months, we’ll get our Boxes back and have 12 blocks for creating something that our friends have made with our fabrics, but their block choices. 
These were the 6 blocks I made at Cobblestone Quilters Guild gathering on January 18. It is the Jolly Bar Jazz pattern from Fat Quarter Shop. It was a great Quilters Day Out.
Quiltfolk Magazine sent me a box filled with merchandise and gift cards to use as door prizes with the guild. I saw the ad on Facebook and entered the giveaway. The calendars are 2020 so we got those given out already. This was a very generous gift we received.
I finished cutting over 1200 10” squares for a workshop in March.  I really like the green batik on the top of the pile in the back. It was a push to cut it up,,,, but it is now all 10” squares.
Doodle Day #1
Doodle Day #2
Doodle Day #3
Doodle Day #4
First Charity quilt of the year! FMQ on the longarm. Meandering around the lakes.
Close up of the meandering around the lakes quilting design. 
Second Charity quilt of the year. FMQ on longarm. Wavy lines
Close up of the wavy lines
I did loopy meanders on the second charity quilt also. 

This is ‘cold’ for Summerville, SC. 

Be back soon,
Luann

5 comments:

Lynda said...

Luann,

Again, you amaze me how much you get done. I bet you are going to have some great programs this year! Wish I lived closer. And then the 1200 squares cut. OMG! Now I'm really feeling like a slug. Congrats on another busy and productive month.

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That buddy block exchange looks like fun! It is cold here too. . .in the 30's each morning; but the sky is clear and the sun is shining so I know that Spring is near! I like your doodles. I'm still quilting away on my daughter's quilt. . .it will be awhile before I finish though! Stay warm my friend!

Luann Fischer said...

Lynda and Terry,
Thanks for stopping by and commenting. You both know how much it encourages me.

Terry, the Buddy Box Block exchange is something new to our guild this year. We have 3 groups of 6 ladies in each one. Our group decided to only use the fabrics supplied and to make the same two blocks for every ‘box’ during the exchange. Other groups set their own parameters. i will be encouraging all the participants to finish their quilt tops (quilted would be nice, but a flimsy is good) by our November meeting so we can have a show and tell of them.

Lynda, I have the stripology rulers so it wasn’t as difficult as it may seem. It was the pressing of the ‘lengths of fabric’ that was WORK. Then I realized that if I ripped each 5-7 yard length into 42” segments I could press faster and cut without a pile-o-fabric sitting to the side of me. That’s when I was able to really kick it into gear. Now to talk my guild into letting me stay as Program Chair and have someone replace me as VicePresident,,, that’s going to be the biggest challenge I will face. I don’t have much confidence in my getting it to happen, LOL. But maybe they’ll see my value as PC is more impactful than at ‘conducting the other guild business’.....

Stay warm my friends. It did get below freezing last night. My poor gardenia tree,,,,

Kim said...

Just look at all those happy blocks. All bring many smiles and much joy to one's day. Love those hand warmers of yours, too. Such pretty yarn you used. AND.....as for all those playful doodles....how fabulous are they. I think today, in these troublesd times we should all let go and doodle a little more. Doodling is such fun, isn't it. Me thinks it would be lovely to sit in on one of your programs/classes and play....too much fun! Have a most beautiful day, lovely Luann

Luann Fischer said...

Miss Kim,
So lovely to have you stop by. Me thinks we should share a virtual cup of tea, I’ll make a mint what would you prefer in your cup?
All the best to you.