Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Dyed Sheets and Pfd Cloth

A few days ago I got the urge to get the 'grunge' out of some sheets. I did an ice dyeing process. I also did a heap of snippets and 2 dozen fat quarters of fabric. I put up pictures already of the cloth but finally have a couple of the sheets. First, a 'group' photo of those fat quarters. 
 
A total of 6 yards of scrumptious eye candy. 
And the sheets.
 
 
I really like how these came out. Try to ignore the purple rug bombing this picture!

Yesterday I set about doing a second set of sheets. These were NOT done with the ice dye method. More of a low water immersion. I squirted dye stock onto them and gave them a good massage. After all was said and done, this is how that set looks. They aren't on a bed, just over the back of the rocker for 'portrait' time. I like the colors as they combined to make new hues and shades of my favorites.
 
 
 
All in all, I like both methods. Each has its own final look. These will be fine in the same room. After all they are usually covered up with a blanket or quilt. And I may just need to make two coordinating quilts for these beds. Since I lean toward intense colors when dyeing fabric, I'm sure I can find plenty to look good with these sheets. 

The best part, about doing ice dyeing and 'squirt it on' method, is the serendipity  of it, and I don't keep records of mixtures, etc. 
The worst part of doing them in either fashion is that sheets weigh a ton when they're wet and they are near impossible to rinse properly. My back will testify to this. 

All in all, though, I like having things personalized. And what can be more personal than the sheets you sleep between done up in some favorite colors. Hmmm,, maybe the hubby's undies could be more blue and green and,,, ahhh, maybe not! But I bet my grandkids would think it was cool. They're just young enough to not be embarrassed by such things. 

Well, I'm off to see what else I can 'personalize',,,,,

God bless your color adventures,
Luann




No comments: