Pages

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Another Finish and Another Start


Here's my Canberra Tree art quilt. This was made from pieces of fabric received thru the surface design group I belong to. It's an international group that enjoys sharing techniques and monthly we swap some fabric. It's been a lot of fun and there is a wide range of techniques used. The Princess that I finished yesterday had several swap fabrics in it also. 
I used the technique of sewing twill tape along the edges of Canberra Tree to help it hang straight and stay square. I really like how it affected this one, as it was a bit wonky due to the varying volume of quilting and thread sketching I did on it. 

I decided to get the Craftsy 2015 Summer BOM quilt underway. I chose the fabrics awhile back, but kept second guessing myself. Would I like it once it was done? I like the fabrics. I know I'll enjoy making the blocks, and putting the top together. And another project to experiment with on my long arm, certainly gives me enjoyment. So, what's not to like? Sometimes I just need to get started. 
I am very pleased with my points on the first block. I sewed the flying geese units together on top of pages from a phone book. Bonnie Hunter uses phone books for her string-piecing and I thought it might help with those bias edges. It really helped a lot!! 

So tomorrow, between laundry and packing,  I'll be in the sewing room trying to get more blocks done. I only have 15 more to do by the end of the month to be caught up,,,,,that's doable!

May God bless the work of your hands,
Luann

No comments: