Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Intentions, Progress, Finishes

I'll get right to it. I've gotten plenty of tasks accomplished over the past few months, but they weren't necessarily the ones I had intended to do. This happens occasionally and that's ok, but I want my focus to stay more on target. So, I'm going to try the monthly intention listing again. It's helped in the past, I believe it can do it again. 
 
First up:

I want this piece completed, now. It needs more quilting to lay flat. The binding has been prepared for it. The center will get a brown unit. A circle, Hexie, yo yo, or ? I'm determined to get this done by November 6. 

#2
Here's where my piece has progressed to for the Basic Crazy Quilting Course I'm taking online with Kathy Shaw. It's a free course, has 12 tasks, and is very doable. Check out her site for when the next course will be offered. I have plenty of tasks to finish out before I will consider it done. Projected completion is November 30. 


The red one is another impatiens placemat that I want done by Nov. 30. This one, unlike the yellow one, will not be appliquéd to the top of a background. I want to try a pillowcase/facing finish it. This will be a sweet little table topper when done. 

I have an idea for a quilt that is rambling around in my head.  It will use lots of different size blocks, scraps galore, and strips to give it a portrait feel. I have orphan blocks, scraps, and left-overs from several finished projects. I will be searching for one or two fabrics for bringing some cohesiveness to it.  I won't be using any basic neutrals, as that just isn't what I'm looking for. 

I also have a piece started that I refer to as my Pojagi piece. Not sure where I'm headed with this. 

There are also one knitting and one crocheting project. Both are sitting in the basket. I'm not pleased with how they look, so they may get undone and the yarn put back into a ball for the future. 

On my design wall is a piece I call Flower Garden. It has flower heads from hand dyed cloth fused on. I want to try couching the stems with my longarm onto it. Even if it doesn't turn out the way I want, I need to try. 

I think that my biggest drawback to getting some of my projects underway has been fear! Yep, fear of messing up what I've already done. That's why I'm counting on this post to help keep me motivated to make progress. Progress comes before completion! I really should print that out. Maybe even have it tattooed on my forearm! 

Well, that's enough for today. I'll be back as I get some progress made. 
Until then, Let's Create Today!  Luann

2 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I too have wondered what shape your Pojagi piece is taking. Has it been whispering in your ear? Those impatient blocks are just super! Do what works for you. I am actually trying to make and keep a weekly goal. . .I have only done it for one week so if I stopped now, I would have 100% success. LOL Generally, for me, goals help; but, I'm just slower than I think!--Terry

Luann Fischer said...

Terry,
Progress made today on the yellow Impatien. The binding is attached to one side. I'm giving some thought to adding some 'big stitches' by hand with one of the silk threads that I got back in May or June. It's like a pearl cotton thickness 5ish. I might find it therapeutic to just make running stitches in the background area. I need to step out of my 'box' a bit!
Sure was sad to here about Jamie Wallen's Houston situation. I hope everything gets returned. I can only imagine how stressed they must be. I haven't heard any updates since his video from this morning came thru on my facebook page. I'll keep them in my prayers. God can give them more than they had stolen. Mostly I ask for His peace for their hurting hearts.
I couldn't believe how many members you have in your guild! Wow!
God bless your week. Luann