Pages

Monday, February 4, 2019

January - Missed Items


Heather sent this awe inspiring picture to me from a recent snowfall. I love the fact that I have family that can see the beauty within the storm, or sometimes just after it.



Some paint samples to decide on where and what colors I will redo that fireplace and mantle with. George has already gotten the mantle (a very darkly stained wood) covered with two coats of Kilz. That was an amazing change in the dynamics of the room already. I’m leaning towards a ‘shades of creamy’ for the bricks and that very light aqua for the mantle. Time will tell on that decision. The light fixture, I kept it off for the picture because I could get my phone to adjust (lol) is the new one over my dining room table. The last image is ‘the truck of goodness’ that delivered much of the necessities for the remodeling that’s underway.

And the demolish of the house continued with removing everything from within the walls of the second floor bathroom along with the hallway carpet. That carpet had riffles in it when we moved here over 5 years ago, we’re finally ready to have it gone and a nice smooth, easy to clean, surface in this hallway. 




During this month I finished the longarm quilting of 5 quilts for Royal Family Kids Camp, processed a trunk load of fabrics from one charity group to several others, prayed a lot for everyone in the Polar Vortex areas, and had my first try at shooting a handgun. I’ve not been interested in the past, but accepted an offer by the hubby to go to the indoor range and ‘see what you can do’. He was pleasantly surprised with what I did, for me,,,, I was ecstatic! ! !  I’m thinking of framing it??? LOL

1 comment:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

Here's to a floor surface that is easy to clean! What a project you are doing; but, how wonderful it will be when you are finished I like your paint colors. Good for you on getting the quilted items quilted and the quillty items where they needed to go!