Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Challenge Due March 1st

I have a challenge piece due March 1st. It is with the Just Use It group on Stitchinfingers.ning.com
The challenge is to take a piece that I rec'd from one of the swapping members and "frame" it. Now it doesn't mean it needs to be conventionally matted and framed, just "framed" in some way. We are doing these to encourage one another to use, not just collect, all the lovely pieces rec'd over each year. I think I received over 100 pieces during 2014. 
It wasn't easy to chose which one to work on first, but Hazel's wisteria piece won. 
It was done on a white damask napkin. I totally loved it, but the white was too stark for what I wanted to do with it. I used some weak dye solutions and a method that Ellen Anne Eddy taught for coloring the background. The lace insert pieces on the left don't show their color very well, but they were done at the same time. 
I know where I want to take this, I'm just not settled on my method yet. I will keep you posted. 

So,
Let's Create Today!
Luann

No comments: