Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Sun printing with Setacolors

The weather forecast was for some sunshine between 10am and 2pm. I got things ready shortly after 10 and had a go at it with Setacolor fabric paints. Some were opaque, while others were transparent.  They all ended up mooshed together in the end. My colors aren't showing up very nicely, as they are a beautiful array of blues, silvers, and one has copper. I think I need to wait for daytime lighting for my best colors to show. 
This first picture is where I used whifle balls and tried to put color where I wanted it. 
 
I like this one, it reminds me of sunflowers, so I will move forward from there. 
These next ones had bulldog clips, or rubber bands dropped on them. 

 
This one had a rubber door mat put on top. 

These next two pictures are of my favorites of the day. I used some 12" square stencils that I purchased while I was at The Quilt Expo in Madison, WI  at the beginning of September. 






The one above is just the previous one with the excess fabric folded back. 
I used a black on white print fabric that I have done several different techniques on since the beginning of 2014. I had ordered a full bolt thru My Favorite Quilt Shop in Green Bay, WI. It came in with a more open weave than we had anticipated, so instead of using it for the original purpose, I have been experimenting with it. 

Well, that's it for today's creating adventure. 
What have you been up to?

Remember to enjoy the journey. 
And,
Let's Create Today. 
Luann







No comments: