Pages

Monday, January 14, 2019

Keep Your Pants On ! !


Recently I was told (by a loved one) Just keep your pants on!!! It was about buying some boots that had dragonflies and owls painted on them. Really, I want to be a Hippie and maybe those would do it, right? LOL So, getting the laughing part out of the way,,,,

WHAT WAS I THINKING??? When I agreed, no, actually, I VOLUNTEERED, not even asked directly, just saw that the position needed filling.... Block of the Month Coordinator for 2019 for the Cobblestone Quilt Guild. Last Monday I met with the President. We discussed doing it in a ‘virtual method’. In the past they would cut kits, print out directions, and after signing up and paying in advance, each month you rec’d your block. That’s a lot of work if you have to write directions, or request copyright ok’s. As we chatted, it was decided, we’ll send out a link to a ‘block on the web’, give color suggestions, and encourage the use of one’s own stash of fabric. I’ve gotten this underway and here is January and February blocks. 12” finished is what we are going for. My January is shy by 1/16th of an inch and February got the same amount trimmed. Scant 1/4” isn’t my best friend,, Lots of laughter going on in my sewing room.

January
392F3365-440C-4781-8E45-1544F103AEB8.jpeg

February
761D21C5-1AB1-4ECD-AD23-60BF72330172.jpeg


I’ll keep you posted as this progresses. If any of you want to follow along, let me know. I can always include the link to the directions if you need them.

2 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I like the fussy cut pumpkin and selvage center squares!

Luann Fischer said...

You guessed my little secret, I’m trying to change-up the center square of each block. I don’t want this to become a lot of extra work though, so I might have to repeat selvedges and fussy cutting before I get them all finished, lol