Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2019

February Activities

Before and after composite picture.


I can’t believe how 'huge' the impact of this has been on the feel of our living room. I’m glad we finally got to it, along with a bathroom remodel and a batch of electrical upgrades. I just had to show that picture first.

You may remember that back in January I took on the role of BOM Coordinator for my local quilt guild. Most folks really enjoy getting to see what the intended project will look like when finished. With that in mind, I put the pedal to the metal and got this done before the February 13th meeting.







I bought the book Stripology Mixology back in December. I’ve finished my Two Timer B quilt using portions of 3 charm packs and a boatload of solid squares.  My Stella was made with large squares of Christmas fabrics (I may have already shown you Stella).



Last fall my DIL talked to me about a special quilt for one of the grandkids. Turning 16 and she knew I’d started working on making sure each child has a 'significant to them' quilt. With all of her ideas and a lot of searching the internet, not to mention more time than usual, lol, it is finished and waiting to be delivered.



I finally finished the quilt that had components from two separate mystery quilt projects. These are various stages along the way of The Camp On Ringo Lake.



The stitch counter on the longarm machine recorded over 1,000,000 stitches since January 1st. No doubt that was due to quilting up 16 quilts for my guild's Charity Projects. I missed getting a picture of one of the quilts, but I have it listed in my Fusion record.













Here in South Carolina the weather is turning into the Spring Edition!



Children learn to dress for the weather.

While family dug out from beneath the snow.







3 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

It is amazing what a few upgrades will do to the feel of a space. I like your white fireplace!! Great job with the grandkid special quilt and I am so ready for daffodils!!!! Our daffodils are beginning to bud; but, it has been cold here. . .no snow on this side of the mountain. . .my mom lives in a place that had three feet! Crazy weather so late in the year! We are all ready for Spring!! Keep up the great progress!!!

Lynda said...

Wow! You continue to amaze me all you get done. Love the grandkids's quilt. And you've taken on BOM! Again, you amaze and inspire me. I need to get off my butt and do something!!

Luann Fischer said...

Terry and Lynda,

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.
I’m only able to accomplish what I do because I have a husband that cooks most meals and doesn’t complain about the dust bunnies. Well, at least not until I ask him to help me name them, lol.

I’ve been asked about participating on a Podcast with Leah Day, and that’ll be coming up later this month or next. It all depends on both of our schedules. We’ll be talking about ‘time wasters’ that we’ve given up, or are more aware of. It’ll be quite interesting. I’ll post a blog update when it happens. Just for your information though, I’ve stopped playing video games on my IPad for the past 2 months, what a time usage item it had become.

I’m still marking off the days that I ‘don’t play any games’. My bullet journal has been very helpful with this.