Pages

Friday, March 29, 2019

Early March Activities

As I prepared for time at the beach, family and friends in the Midwest shoveled out again!



First thing this month I wanted to finish the Two Timer 'A' layout quilt that I’d started earlier. I’m very pleased with how it turned out. My 'lifetime' stitche are really adding up nicely this year.


I had a great time at Camp St. Christopher. The Cobblestone Quilt Guild had a Beach Retreat there. March 7-10, four fun filled days with quilting friends. Before I left, I cleaned and oiled my machine so it would be ready when I returned. And I made this green and white pineapple block that was requested by the Coordinators of the retreat. They'll be making some quilts with them for our two community projects this year.
I took my serger and 10 ziplock bags filled with strips of fabric. Some were 2&1/2” and the others were 1&1/2” widths. My plan was to produce as many quilt tops as I could. I decided early on that I’d leave the pressing, trimming, and borders for when I returned home. I made sufficient 'new fabric' for creating 9-10 quilts. Most of them will be about 50”x60”. And there was a filled up bag of trimmings from the serger for a fellow quilter that will use it for stuffing the pincushions she is making.


The

Then on March 13 we went to Botany Bay, one of the hammock islands in South Carolina. EVERYTHING is protected. No shell collecting! And signs to warn you against running over any of the snakes! Some people might be put off by this, but it truly is a method of preserving something for the future. 











No comments: