Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Recap of 2019


Camellias were blossoming December 26th, 2019
when we visited Beaufort, SC

UFOs: started with 45, finishing with 42. This might not sound like much, however, I added several projects that were completed throughout the year. Of the original 45 on the list, only 26 remain!!! Some of those originals are now being counted as more than an individual item because there were 2-4 pieces to them. For example, Clothesline was a single item, however 4 hanks have been dyed and are waiting to be turned into 4 separate bowls.

My longarm quilting machine :Lifetime stitches on 1/1/2019 - 7,441,409 is now at 12, 616,937 ! ! !  
2019 stitches totaled 5,175,528. Considering that I bought this machine in July 2015 I averaged a little over 2,000,000 stitches each of my first 3 and 1/2 years. Then this year I more than doubled.

I longarmed 87 quilt sets together for Charities that I work with.
I also longarmed the 44 that I pieced.

Movies: Harriet, The Art of Racing in the Rain, and It’s a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

18 Books were read in various genres

One afghan and one shawl crocheted

One might wonder, How did it happen that this year was such a highly productive year? There’s an answer to this. I stopped playing video games on my iPad in January. It was amazing how much time I’d been wasting. I suddenly had time that I needed to fill, and I had decided that I wasn’t going to ‘zone out’ with something that was mindless, for me. I started putting my ideas down in writing and following through became a lot easier because I had something to help me keep ‘my’ focus on the project I wanted to be working on.  I can honestly say that since this change, I have been better at finishing what I’ve started before jumping into the next project. I write down those thoughts, but until I start them, they are just ‘ideas’ that may or may not become a project. This was not how I maneuvered in the past, but I am enjoying fewer ‘open and started’ projects. As far as I’m concerned if my older than 1/1/2019 UFOs remain on the shelves, and I keep finishing those items I’ve started during 2019 and the new ones that will be coming along in 2020, it’s going to be a ‘good’ year.

I hope that everyone that reads this, takes a little time to review your accomplishments from 2019. You’ve done more than you are probably giving yourself credit for.  If you’ve been kinder to the Mc Nasties in your neighborhood, that alone is an incredible accomplishment.  I will be working on that during 2020.

I wish you all the most incredible year of enjoyment for 2020.

Let’s Create Today,
Luann


3 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

I so agree with you about the McNasties. I too have been working on being more "productive." Little bits of progress over time create finished projects! I wish you more success in the coming year, my friend!

Lynda said...

Luann,

I love seeing what all you get done and am always amazed. 18 books? OMG! I know I waste alot of time binge watching Netflix. I'm going to really focus this year on getting more done. I've been thinking of writing down my ideas and making lists again - been a long time - and see if this year can be much more productive. I even started journaling last night - used to do it every day for years. Anyway, you are always an inspiration to me. Happy 2020!

Luann Fischer said...

Lynda and Terry,
You both have inspired me so often with your activities, Thank You. And as a fellow blogger can understand, THANKS for commenting. My secret ingredient for high productivity is: a husband that cooks, and doesn’t complain about the dust I create, LOL. In reality my method is to plan, plan, and over plan some more, then,,, I accept that it is a very rough draft of a ‘dream day/week/month’, and see how much I can do of that DAYDREAM. I should post sometime about the store that I owned that was called DAYDREAMS. It was a fulfillment of several women’s daydreams, we enjoyed working together and honoring that part of our hearts. I digress,,,,
Plan, plan, plan,
Cross off, cross off, cross off, (finished or deleted)
Smile, smile, smile,
REPEAT often....