Pages

Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thankful for:



Molly’s latest artwork.

My self care purchase. They will become colors on some fabric during December.


If you consider 30 hours/week as a full time investment into ‘something’ - this means that you would put in 12 weeks of full time work on a project every year. That’s an amazing amount of time. 

This was one piece a few days ago. I knew when it was finished that I didn’t like the two sections together. The plan was that they would each be a side to a reversible item. BUT,,, no way was I going to let all of the work I’d done only get to be seen 50% of the time., lol. So, I took it apart, removed a lot of the outside yarns and I will finish them each as a separate entity. The greens and blues are destined to be a pillow. The spiral jewel tones will be the cover for a journal.

This was a quilt top I longarmed for a friend. She has since added numerous Dresden Plates to it. I don’t have a picture of her finished quilt, but perhaps I’ll get one during December. We used a technique I saw on The Quilt Show to accomplish what would have otherwise been a ‘pain’ to get done..



George and Chico, or should I say Chico and the Man, lol. This little guy has the strangest ‘braying’ I have ever heard. He lives on the Weeks’ farm in Lone Star, SC. We visited the family for Thanksgiving lunch. 

 It’s always fun to visit the beach. The tide was exceptionally low when I took this photo. Usually the water would be touching my feet where I was standing.
We had gone to an event at Auld Brass Plantation on Friday and then on Saturday we went to Boone Hall for the Scottish Highland Games. Bagpipes were the highlight of my day. 



Cotton Gin, not the alcoholic kind. 

These are a small pile of the bales of cotton waiting to be taken into the Gin and processed. There was a  parking lot full of these in the back, but I couldn’t get a decent picture of them. We are still seeing fields with numerous bales still waiting for pickup. From what I understand this will continue into January. Hopefully I will be able to visit one of these ‘gins’ to see just how they actually do the processing of cotton into ‘threads’. 
Such lovely fall colors
 We enjoy taking rides in the country at this time of year. Actually, at any time of year, there’s always something to see. Fall colors this year are dramatic. I do believe it’s because we had some intensely cold temps very early.
The peach trees are dropping their lovely golden leaves.

I enjoyed this book along with Atomic Habits during November

We removed a lot of half-filled junk from under the sink as the quieting and clearing continues throughout our house.

Brown bagging them with hopes that there won’t be snoopers.
 Santa Suit Quilts became a major focus for November. I wanted to make sure all 14 were finished and delivered before December 1st. That was accomplished, and I will start much earlier during 2020 ! ! !










Second set of labels came in with a black background. The snowflakes are the decorative stitch I used to attach that edge.










This was a special backing for one of them. 
First labels looked like this.




Thanks for dropping by and checking out the latest happenings in what George fondly refers to as “LULU LAND”.  








I am so thankful for all the wonderful people that God has blessed me with. May He keep each and everyone of you safe and grateful for the life you have.

2 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

My grandfather loved listening to bagpipes. as a kid, I was amazed at how so many sounds could be made from such a contraption! Great work on the Santa project. I too have begun clearing. Nothing too drastic; just a drawer here and there! May you have a terrific December!

Luann Fischer said...

Terry,
The professor from the Citadel said that some of the kids that were performing had never held a bagpipe before August, and they were winning competitions. I was very impressed with their attention to detail and marching all at the precise moment together.
Thanks for stopping and commenting. Have a wonder filled December.
Your other side of the country friend,
Luann