Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

December 2019 - lots of fun

I started the month off with going to a class and spending a day with other Creative People ! ! ! !
Indigo dyed after Shibori folding and clamping. 
I love this one. Mandala folded and Indigo overdyed.



I was installed as the Vice President for 2020 with the Cobblestone Quilters Guild. 
George build a little greenhouse for us to grow
some greens in during the winter months. We
already have lettuce and spinach sprouting.


After heat setting, the EPIC fail. I’m still trying to figure out what went wrong. I’ve done this technique several times in the past and never had this happen. We even did a little ‘burn test’ to make sure the fabric was 100% cotton.

Some flower pounding examples give only watery images. But when you first start out, you do a lot of test pieces to know which flowers you might want on a finished project. In the past I would have labeled each of these ‘spots’ with the flower I used, but having a camera on the phone, saves me that step. 


This was a composite I was working on, until,,,,,

Loved the colors that these petals gave.
Dragonflies that I’ve saved from Christmas past. These were made by Hunter, Ashton, Myriah, and Junior.  Of course their mom, Heather helped get them done.  They always bring a smile to my face. I wanted to document them here because the wings are started to disintegrate and I know they won’t last forever, but my memories of the kids making them for me will.
Not fancy, but what I would like to see more of .
Hexagon Fade afghan from BluPrint. Started and finished within the month.
A Half-Hexagon shawl created from the yarn that was left over from the afghan kit. 
I longarmed one quilt for Cobblestone Community Outreach during December. It received 33,344 stitches bringing my total for ‘life-time’ to 12,616,937. Those were all done since purchasing the HandiQuilter Fusion in July of 2015. 

Next up will be the overall review of 2019 and what the future holds for 2020 !!!!

No comments: