Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2019

A quick update


Love Heals by Becca Stevens. An inspiring book.
The 6 quilts in the above photo, along with a book I finished recently, are going to the Magdalene House in Summerville. The book tells the story of how the concept started in Tennessee.

This next quilt was made by Sheila and I longarmed it for her. It'll go to a local men's shelter.

Finished longarming these for our charity outreach group. Others make the tops, backs, and do the binding. I just stitch the 'sandwiches' together.



Finishing those 3 quilts today brought my total lifetime stitches to over 12 million!!!

George has been busy making a nice planter box. It will have legs so we won’t be stooping or bending and making our backs ache.

And, I’ve been reading quite a bit. Finished these three books. 





4 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What a bunch of quilting you have completed!!!! Kudos to your woodworker. . .legs are such a smart idea! I enjoyed "The Shack." It was a book club book. . .one day, I'll finish the project reading the book inspired!

Luann Fischer said...

Terry,
It was an extremely emotional book for me. I wish I had been in your book club group. I would love to discuss this ‘without trying to convince anyone about anything’ just to see how others were affected by it. Definitely a book that would impact your life.
Thanks for commenting

Lynda said...

Luann,

I laugh when you say "I just..." You accomplish and do so much! I read the Shack and 9 Things several years ago. I might have to dig them out again and reread them. Love that planter!! Have a great weekend.

Luann Fischer said...

Thanks for your encouraging words, Lynda. I think we all do a lot more than we realize. That’s one of the reasons I started blogging. It serves as a record for me, even if I “JUST” put up pictures, lol