Pages

Saturday, October 5, 2019

September 2019

I don’t know where I got this picture, but I sure do like it. Hope you enjoy the photos and the chatter.
 Saw this lower picture at a restaurant in Ashland. Yes, that’s how I want to live.



This is a corner of my Tequamenon Falls wall hanging that I’m working on. I’ve had this on the
 ‘to-do’ list for way too long and now that I have a possible place to hang it, I want it done..... LOL
Just before leaving for vacation one of our Gardenia plants decided to produce some strange looking blooms. But the smell was like all the ones from early summer.

These are the latest 4 blocks for the Stroll In Paris BOM with Gudrun Erla of GE Designs. Each month we’ve been give 3 or 4 blocks to make. It goes for 9 months and it is a Mystery just how they’ll be set. 
 Worked on another locker hooking project during the month, not finished but well underway.
Visited Middleton Place early September, the butterflies were everywhere.
 It was a kite-flying type of day while we were there.

Midway thru September we left for our fall vacation in the MidWest. First it was a stop in Poplar Grove to see Jake, Leslie, Hannah, Molly, and Chloe (or is it Clingon, lol). Had 3 days of fun, and got to see Molly in her Cheering Mode, then both girls showed us their expertise (or lack there of) in handling a riding lawn mower. Laugher ensued.
We headed into Chicago for lunch with Nik and then back for our last evening in Poplar Grove. We enjoyed dinner with Luke, Wendy, Ethan, and Grayce the following day at Lumpy’s in Eagle River, WI. Gave Grayce the Orange and Purple quilt I showed in the previous post.  Breakfast with Lee and the crew at the Sunrise Lodge in Land O Lakes was next on the agenda. Then it was off to 
Ashland, WI. and 2 days on Lake Superior with it’s calming sounds.  Then we headed over to Iron River, MI to spend time with Seth, Heather, Hunter, Ashton, Myriah, and Seth Jr. We went to the Harvest Festival they were having in their town.  We headed home tired, but filled with great memories with the love of family.



3 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

What great sentiments! Sounds like your vacation was full of all the best parts of family! Good for you!

Lynda said...

Sounds like a great family vacation. And love seeing all of your projects. Happy Fall, my friend!

Luann Fischer said...

Terry and Lynda,
It was fabulous to see the family. Even though I thoroughly enjoy living in South Carolina, I miss them a lot. But the hubster is not interested in the least to move back to winters with snow shoveling, LOL Can’t say I blame him for that.
Thanks for stopping over to see what I’ve been up to.
Enjoy the fall in your area.