Pages

Friday, February 5, 2021

February and March Creative Challenge

 

I’m linking up with Lynda. There’s no set rules, just to encourage one another to be creative. All the info is at:  Lynda Heines   

I'd love to have you join us,,,

My first projects will likely come from one of these piles of left-over blocks and pieces. I always say I'll stop saving scraps, but I never listen to myself when I’m saying that, lol. 




I have invested several hours into clearing and cleaning throughout the house. We took 7 paper grocery bags and a few miscellaneous items to our local Habitat For Humanity shop. 



Yesterday I took another batch of batting and scraps to a fellow quilter. Today I have almost maxed the 13 gallon trash bag that I fill with SCRAPS that are used by another friend for animal shelters. I’m very thankful for these friends. I do a fair amount of longarm quilting for various charities, so it’s nice to let others do the projects that they enjoy. 

I longarmed one charity quilt during January for QOV. I have 5 more quilts for our my Guild's Outreach Program. Those will undoubtedly get done soon. 

I cut out 3 pair of leggings earlier today. I've made one pair a while ago. I like how comfy the stretch jersey is so 3 more are destined to be finished this month. 

Here's my list so far:
  • 3pair of leggings
  • 5 quilts to longarm for Outreach Program
  • At least 3 quilt tops from all those leftover bits and pieces
  • I will be doing 2 mixed media projects each month for another group I’m in
  • AND I’m sure I’ll do some paint pouring just because I find it so relaxing 

Looking forward to seeing what you are working on during this winter months,
Stay safe. 
Luann


2 comments:

Lynda said...

Luann, OMG! First of all, looks like you got a lot cleaned out. But your list, wow! You always get so much done. I'd like to know what pattern you use for your leggings. Or do you use an existing pair as a pattern? I don't know about you, but I already feel like I'm getting more done just by starting this challenge! Looking forward to your creations.

Luann Fischer said...

Lynda,
http://nap-timecreations.com/2017/03/free-leggings-pattern-for-women.html
I found the jersey knit, and inexpensive, at https://www.fabric.com/find?searchText=Jersey+knit
Once you print out the pattern you cut and tape it together. I cut the largest size and use my serger to sew the garment. It’s very easy to adjust and by using a 'stretchy' fabric there’s more ease to work with.
I purchased 1” wide elastic for the waistband.
There’s another pattern called, peg-leg pants. A friend from guild used that one and liked it.
I'm feeling more energized too. This was a great idea.
Thanks for putting together the 'linky' party, and for your kind comments.
🥰