Pages

Monday, March 15, 2021

Mid-March Update

 

Received a beautiful card and a packet of coffee from Margie. And the artwork on the coffee packet is by an artist from 'home'. 

Still celebrating my Birthday. We went to Magnolia Gardens this past week. It was getting close to lunch time so we stopped past Middleton Plantation to enjoy a cup of She Crab soup and I had a salad. We then both had pecan pie for a delicious desert. Yummy!  








These are the four paint pours I did. They each have their own unique colors and technique. There are over 40 different techniques for 'pouring' paint onto the canvas. Too many to get good at all of them, so I’ll keep experimenting and not worry about the outcome. lol 



These are pictures of the book I stitched together this week. Each day we were given 'one' step in the process. Started with tearing our large sheets of watercolor paper into the correct sizes with the grain running parallel to the spine. Then we created the covers, punched holes, stitched everything together, and finished with embellishing our covers. I plan to use it for an upcoming watercolor challenge. 



Finished quilting 4 quilt sets. These were made from the Leftovers Pantry that I put together in February. That was one of the best decisions I have made during the process of trying to declutter and get some organization within my sewing room. 


When I finished this 80x80 green family quilt, I was over the 14,000,000 stitches! Yeah, I love hitting those milestones. I think that’s why I had the pecan pie! 

This is the Panda panel I want to use for my next quilt. This is for one of my grandkids. Her mom gave me the heads up on this idea. It makes life a lot easier when someone can give me a direction to go for. 
Today I finished the bindings on the 4 quilts. I’m very pleased with the progress I’ve been making while participating in a challenge with Lynda at:  https://lyndaheines.blog/2021/03/15/feb-march-challenge-week-seven/ 

With 16 days left in March I plan to finish the Panda-moan-ium quilt, take a cartonnage class, make an envelope journal, and  have my Mid-month mini art project done before April. 

Have a beautiful day. 
Luann

2 comments:

TerryKnott.blogspot.com said...

That soup looks delicious and pecan pie. . .over the top goodness to enjoy on a birthday! Your quilts from the Leftovers Pantry are great. I like your terminology. . .it makes me smile!

Luann Fischer said...

Terry, my leftover pantry boxes are all labeled with the width measurement of the pieces inside. I have one more box that I think will be labeled, Spare Parts, lol